3 Changes That Have Improved My Life Lately

As summer reaches its end (cue tear rolling down cheek), I’ve started to reflect on all the memories that have been made over the past few months. From doing lots of traveling (these photos are from my vacation in the Exumas, Bahamas), to moving into a new house that I love, to beach days and Bachelor in Paradise parties with friends…I’m so grateful that this summer has been nothing but positive!

Besides all of that, I have taken it upon myself to make certain changes that have lead me to a happier and more fulfilling life. Today, I’m sharing 3 of them with you!

3 Ways I've Improved My Life Lately | I have recently made changes that have lead me to feel happier and more fulfilled. Read this post to find out what I did to improve my life!

Striped two-piece maxi dress from Lulus | 3 Ways I've Improved My Life Lately

1. Discovering A New Passion

For a while, I’ve been lacking that thing that makes me tick. Having played competitive volleyball for most of my life, I faced a slight identity crisis once I quit. If it wasn’t volleyball…what the heck was I passionate about?

I’ve enjoyed writing since I learned the alphabet, and photography became a hobby of mine early on as well. I’m a creative person constantly longing to connect with others who share similar interests, so, if you haven’t already guessed…that’s what lead me to the creation of my blog (wow, I feel like I just copy-and-pasted a snippet of my About page…but I didn’t, I swear)!

Building and launching my blog was much harder than I originally thought it’d be, lemme tell ya. There’s been lots of self-teaching involved and plenty of challenges to overcome. I’ve also learned a thing or two about myself along the way; for instance, my perfectionism hinders me BIG TIME. My first post on Mental Health literally took me months to write.

Despite my doubts and frustrations and setbacks…starting a blog was the best decision I could have made for myself! I’m still new to this whole thing, but I absolutely love it and am so willing to put in the hard work it will take to grow my blog!

2. Being Intentional With My Time

This past year more than ever, I’ve felt like there are never enough hours in the day. From keeping up with my academics to preparing for college to squeezing in exercise to maintaining a social life to devoting time to God to packing up to move houses to building up this blog to simply resting….life gets overwhelming. And time doesn’t always seem to be on my side!

After realizing how valuable time is, I’ve definitely become more mindful with how I spend it. This has meant less binge-watching Netflix and mindlessly scrolling through social media and more of the stuff that actually matters.

I’ve made plans to do things that bring me joy rather than waiting for plans to make themselves. I’ve learned how to stop procrastinating so that I can get things done and achieve my goals. If I’m watching or listening to some form of media, I try to look for something that will teach me instead of just entertain me. These adjustments have allowed me to make the most out of my time!

3. Bettering Family Relationships

Without diving too deep here…let’s just say that my family dynamic has always been somewhat dysfunctional. No family is perfect, and mine is far from it. Having a strained relationship with my Dad has been one of the biggest stresses in my life. I had come to accept that change was nearly impossible as the walls between my Dad and me had been built up so high over the years.

It’s taken a lot of forgiveness, patience and prayer, but my family has made the effort these past few months to mend our relationships with one another. Though challenging and uncomfortable at times, working towards being a more cohesive unit has been a change for the better!

SaveSave

Before I sign off, let’s talk about the outfit, shall we? I absolutely loved wrap skirts and dresses this summer; they’re so feminine and effortless! This two-piece maxi dress set was perfect for vacationing in the Bahamas. Both the tube top and wrap skirt are from Lulus. Fun fact: I accidentally wore the top upside down in these photos…anyone notice?

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed reading about 3 of the changes that have improved my life since the beginning of summer. I definitely plan on upholding them! How have you improved your life lately?

Share:

36 Comments

1. August 29, 2017 / 4:16 am

I’m huge on not wasting time these days too. I like how you said to be *intentional* with time as well. Love the outfit – it looks so effortless on you!

• August 29, 2017 / 9:51 pm

It’s crazy how much more productive you can be once you limit mindless activities and become truly conscious of how you spend your time! Thanks for reading!

2. August 29, 2017 / 4:34 pm

Beautiful post! First I love the outfit you wore, you look radiant! And second I know exactly what you mean about starting a blog. It’s a lot harder than you think but there is such a great sense of satisfaction once you press that publish button on each post =o)

• August 29, 2017 / 9:53 pm

Thank you so much! I totally agree- it’s so rewarding to publish a post after all the time and effort you put into creating it!

• August 30, 2017 / 6:11 pm

Thank you!

3. August 30, 2017 / 4:53 am

I believe that a good relationship with family is important. It gives us the confidence to take risks because we know that there are people who support us.

StyleSprinter Blog by Katya Bychkova

• August 30, 2017 / 6:11 pm

That’s very true Katya!

• August 30, 2017 / 6:11 pm

Thanks for reading Daniel!

• August 31, 2017 / 7:44 pm

Thanks for reading!

4. August 31, 2017 / 4:31 am

omg so three things…

1. your blog is literally gorgeous. the photography is insane

2. you are CRAZY beautiful, woman!

3. i once wore a top back to front for an entire party and not one person noticed (or mentioned anything at least ha)

one of my new years resolutions was to stop doing things mindlessly and really appreciate everything, so i totally get you on that! when you’re actually mindful of the world around you, it’s insane how much better you are at making good decisions!

katie. xx lacoconoire.com

• August 31, 2017 / 7:48 pm

Ah thanks so much girl! You’re too sweet 🙂 Glad I’m not the only one who can’t put on a shirt properly, lol. And yes, mindfulness makes the biggest difference!

5. August 31, 2017 / 9:56 am

This is such a lovely, positive post. I loved reading it. And you look amazing in these pictures of course! 🙂

• August 31, 2017 / 7:49 pm

You’re so kind! I’m glad you enjoyed reading this post Ana!

6. Siffat
    August 31, 2017 / 5:11 pm

I’m so glad you’ve made changes to improve your life. Strong family bonds are so important. I’m super close to my family which definitely makes me a happier person 🙂
    xo
    Siffat

• August 31, 2017 / 7:53 pm

That’s amazing that you have such a strong bond with your family! That’s definitely the goal for me 🙂

• August 31, 2017 / 7:55 pm

Thanks for reading Diana!

7. September 1, 2017 / 6:59 pm

Great post. I tried to picture your top upside-down (or I guess technically right-side-up) & I believe I like it better the way you wore it. haha. Cute look 🙂

Kara Aragon

• September 2, 2017 / 1:58 pm

I guess it all worked out then, haha! Thanks for reading Kara 🙂

8. September 3, 2017 / 12:14 am

I love this post girl! I definitely agree with being intentional with time. I’ve been trying to do the same and I can already feel such a huge change!

• September 3, 2017 / 7:19 pm

I’m glad you enjoyed the post Rhoxette! Being intentional with your time is such a great goal and definitely makes a difference!

9. September 4, 2017 / 9:29 pm

This was such a lovely, positive and uplifting read! I love hearing how blogging has helped people work on their passions so congrats on launching your blog! You’ll be so glad you started I promise<3

Sinéad xo Fabuleuse Du Jour

• September 5, 2017 / 5:43 am

I’m so glad you enjoyed this post Sinéad! Running this blog has taught me a lot and it was definitely the right decision to launch it!

10. September 5, 2017 / 9:41 am

Can I just say that you’re so gorgeous and I love the way you write! Having said that, I love what you said about becoming more intentional with your time. It really is very important and it’s something I try to remind myself constantly. xx
    Coco Bella Blog

• September 6, 2017 / 4:25 am

Aw, thank you Demilade! I’m constantly reminding myself to be intentional with my time as well!

11. September 5, 2017 / 11:13 am

Fabulous post – your photography is beautiful. Love the outfit you’re wearing! x

• September 6, 2017 / 4:26 am

Thank you so much Kate!

12. September 6, 2017 / 5:40 pm

Number 2 is key. There is no way I’m getting a Netflix membership again any time soon. Time is better spent in action.

Lovely post 🙂

• September 7, 2017 / 12:58 am

Haha! Agreed, Yara 🙂

• September 7, 2017 / 12:57 am

Thank you!

13. September 12, 2017 / 6:48 am

I’m so glad I found your blog because not only is it absolutely beautiful and your photography is on point, but you seem so genuine and honest. This was a wonderful read and I can also say that starting a blog has made me so much happier regardless of how hard it is because I love having a creative outlet and something to work towards outside of education. And of course, well done on quitting procrastination because it can be a habit that really stops life in its tracks.
    Thank you so much for sharing girl and I hope you’re having a wonderful week so far!
    Maria x

• September 12, 2017 / 8:05 pm

Thank you for this sweet comment Maria! I appreciate it so much 🙂 I agree with you- it’s great to explore my creativity through my blog and have something to pursue aside from education! Hope you’re enjoying your week as well!