Some of you may be familiar with my love for anything nut-related (ahem…my triple-threat nut butter is a must-try!), so naturally, I tend to gravitate towards creating nut-based recipes. These almond coconut protein balls are the perfect grab-and-go snack, pre or post-workout fuel, or addition to your breakfast! They’re packed with healthy fats and protein, so they’ll keep you satisfied for a long time.
Sure, you can buy a bar or energy bites from the store, but many are filled with crappy ingredients even if they’re deceptively labeled as “healthy”. These protein balls are made with wholesome, natural foods- we’re talking about nothing but real stuff!
They only take a few minutes to whip up, and it’s simply a matter of chucking the ingredients into a food processor. Doesn’t get much easier than that! Store these protein balls in the fridge and you’ll be stocked up for the week!
- 1/3 cup almonds, raw
- 4 medjool dates
- 25g protein powder (I used the Nuzest Clean Lean Protein in Smooth Vanilla )
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut + extra for rolling
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- In a food processor, pulse the almonds and dates until roughly chopped.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the almond milk and process until well-combined.
- Add the almond milk and process until well-combined.
- Form the mixture into balls and roll in shredded coconut.
- Store protein balls in a tupperware in the fridge.