October Goals

October Goals | Very Much Mia

I know that September 22 technically marked the beginning of fall, but the start of October is when I feel like autumn truly takes over. A new season means new goals! Setting goals for myself is essential to ensure that I am constantly growing and working towards a life I love. We’re already a few days into October, but better late than never, right? Here is what I hope to achieve this month…

1. Balance out my hormones. I’ve been in and out of the doctor’s office more this past month than I have in the last few years combined. Without giving TMI, my hormones have been all outta whack. Obviously, the way to balance out hormones will differ from person to person depending on which levels are too high and which are too low (that is, if you need adjusting in the first place). For me, balancing my hormones means:

• Eating more.
  • Exercising less.
  • Lowering stress.

I know that the idea of more food and less movement goes against everything we are taught in our culture, but in my case, this is what needs to happen. Refraining from working out will be tough because I truly enjoy exercise. I’ll still be incorporating gentle movement like walking and yoga, though! Lowering stress is something that is a bit harder to have control over, but these 10 ways to relieve stress will help to keep my cortisol levels at bay.

2. Complete early action college applications. For those of you who don’t know, I am a senior in high school. The college application process has definitely been overwhelming. Life lately has been a blur of writing essays and answering supplemental questions and filling out personal info…all that jazz. Anyways, the early action application deadline for some of the colleges that I am applying to is November 1st, so I’ll be knocking ’em out this month!

October Goals | Very Much Mia

3. Finish decorating my bedroom…or at least get pretty darn close. My bedroom has been a work in progress for quite some time now, and I’m ready to be DONE! I’ve got the furniture covered, so now it’s just a matter of adding the final touches. Check out my bedroom Pinterest board to see what has inspired the look of my room…think lots of white and grey with touches of mauve and gold, plus plenty of faux-fur accents! I’m on the hunt for artwork to hang above my bed, so let me know if you have any suggestions for affordable places to purchase prints!

4. Read the Bible every day. For a while, I was really good about devoting time to God daily…until life got in the way. I became extremely busy and put my relationship with Him on hold. Recently, I’ve realized that being overly occupied has distracted me from what is most important. I’ve re-evaluated my priorities and am now carving out time to read my Bible on a daily basis. This is definitely a practice I want to uphold! Currently, I’m reading through the book of Proverbs. I can’t wait to continue gaining wisdom and growing in my faith!

5. Rehydrate my skinThis is the time of the year when my skin gets dry. I mean dryyyyyyyyy. Like, my hands are scary looking from cracking so much (…I guess they go with the ghoulish vibes of Halloween?). My skin definitely needs an extra boost of hydration, so I plan on incorporating more heavy-duty skincare products and upping my H20!

6. Get into the fall spirit. I don’t know how I feel about snuggling under blankets with a cup of cocoa while it’s still 80 degrees here in SoCal. But the weather won’t stop me from at least attempting to get into somewhat of the autumnal spirit! A trip to the pumpkin patch and trying out a new fall recipe (or creating my own) are two things on my to-do list.

7. Lights out by 10 p.mMy nights can go a little something like this:

*Me at 10:00 p.m.* I should probably go to bed now. Lemme just take a quick scroll through Insta…

*Me at 10:20 p.m.* Okay, time to sleep FO REALZ. But watching this Youtube video first might help me to unwind a bit…

*Me at 10:40 p.m.* OOO! Just got an idea for a new blog post (…or something or another)! Gotta write while the inspo is fresh and flowing!

*Me at midnight* …whelp.

So, yeah. Actually getting to sleep by 10 p.m. is the goal.

I hope you enjoyed reading my October goals! What are your goals for the month?

SaveSave

SaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

14 Comments

1. October 6, 2017 / 9:45 am

Totally enjoyed reading this! Good luck with all of your goals this month, they’re totally achievable. For your Bible one, I recommend using the YouVersion Bible App. It has a daily streak system so every day when you open the app, your streak goes up! xx
    Coco Bella Blog

• October 7, 2017 / 3:09 am

I’m currently using a study plan on the YouVersion Bible app, but I didn’t know about the streak feature! Thank you for sharing 🙂

2. October 7, 2017 / 6:17 am

Omg I can totally relate to your nighttime routine! Getting into bed at 10 is not an issue but actually forcing myself to go to sleep is much harder.. Also, I have had hormonal issues for years at this point and eating more/exercising less while reducing how much I stress out has been what all doctors have recommended without having to take nasty medication and while eating more certainly isn’t a problem (lol), exercise is one of the only things that actually helps me unwind and I feel crappy when I do not do it for a long time! And best of luck with your colleges – I have recently sent off my uni application (in the UK the deadline for some unis is much earlier than others) and now have to do my entrance exam at the start of November, so I know how scary it can be haha. Happy Saturday! xox

maria (http://whatismaria.com)

• October 7, 2017 / 7:30 pm

Hi Maria!
      It’s so nice to hear that you can relate to some of my goals! I’m totally with you on avoiding drugs and healing hormonal problems naturally. I totally feel your pain when it comes to limiting exercise, but I’ve definitely grown to enjoy low-impact movement as such as high-intensity workouts! Good luck to you as well with applying to uni!

3. October 7, 2017 / 1:52 pm

oh i hope you’ll have the best october. the ordinary skincare saved my dry skin and i can’t go a day without their products. this october i really want to unwind and take time to relax and not be constantly stressed.
    ❤︎

• October 7, 2017 / 7:32 pm

Hi Elena!
      Thank you for the skincare recommendation! Taking time to unwind is so important and I am working on lowering my stress levels as well. Have a lovely October!

4. October 9, 2017 / 3:49 pm

I don’t envy you having to apply for university! I just finished my post-grad this year, and I’m thankful for the opportunities I’ve had, but am so glad my school days are behind me. Good luck!

Katherine || The Green Bows

• October 10, 2017 / 5:39 pm

Thank you for reading Katherine!

5. October 23, 2017 / 3:54 am

Try diffusing lavender oil starting at 9:30ish and leaving it on while you fall asleep. The scent will help your mind calm down and you’ll sleep so well. As soon as the scent fills my room it’s like my reminder that it is time to start winding down and decompress so I can crawl into bed. Diffusing lavender oil has really helped me create a steady sleep routine!

Best of luck with your college applications too 🙂 !

Rianna | http://www.herprettysoul.com

• October 23, 2017 / 1:59 pm

I’ve heard so many good things about diffusing lavender, but have yet to try it! I will definitely have to start 🙂 Thanks for the suggestion Rianna!

6. October 23, 2017 / 11:28 pm

I absolutely love your blog, and I love that you’re writing about your monthly goals. I truly believe it’s so powerful to write them down. Can’t wait to see more posts from you!

xx
    Ellie
    City Brewed

• November 3, 2017 / 3:39 am

Thank you Ellie!

7. October 28, 2017 / 7:59 pm

I’m a new reader to your blog and I absolutely adore it! I’m also in the midst of preparing for colleges apps and I am so nervous yet excited at the same time. Really loved reading this post and can’t wait to read more of your work! xo

Talina @ http://sassyanddangerous.blogspot.com/

• October 30, 2017 / 12:45 am

Thanks so much Talina! Good luck with your college apps – we’re in this together girl!