I know that September 22 technically marked the beginning of fall, but the start of October is when I feel like autumn truly takes over. A new season means new goals! Setting goals for myself is essential to ensure that I am constantly growing and working towards a life I love. We’re already a few days into October, but better late than never, right? Here is what I hope to achieve this month…
1. Balance out my hormones. I’ve been in and out of the doctor’s office more this past month than I have in the last few years combined. Without giving TMI, my hormones have been all outta whack. Obviously, the way to balance out hormones will differ from person to person depending on which levels are too high and which are too low (that is, if you need adjusting in the first place). For me, balancing my hormones means:
- Eating more.
- Exercising less.
- Lowering stress.
I know that the idea of more food and less movement goes against everything we are taught in our culture, but in my case, this is what needs to happen. Refraining from working out will be tough because I truly enjoy exercise. I’ll still be incorporating gentle movement like walking and yoga, though! Lowering stress is something that is a bit harder to have control over, but these 10 ways to relieve stress will help to keep my cortisol levels at bay.
2. Complete early action college applications. For those of you who don’t know, I am a senior in high school. The college application process has definitely been overwhelming. Life lately has been a blur of writing essays and answering supplemental questions and filling out personal info…all that jazz. Anyways, the early action application deadline for some of the colleges that I am applying to is November 1st, so I’ll be knocking ’em out this month!
3. Finish decorating my bedroom…or at least get pretty darn close. My bedroom has been a work in progress for quite some time now, and I’m ready to be DONE! I’ve got the furniture covered, so now it’s just a matter of adding the final touches. Check out my bedroom Pinterest board to see what has inspired the look of my room…think lots of white and grey with touches of mauve and gold, plus plenty of faux-fur accents! I’m on the hunt for artwork to hang above my bed, so let me know if you have any suggestions for affordable places to purchase prints!
4. Read the Bible every day. For a while, I was really good about devoting time to God daily…until life got in the way. I became extremely busy and put my relationship with Him on hold. Recently, I’ve realized that being overly occupied has distracted me from what is most important. I’ve re-evaluated my priorities and am now carving out time to read my Bible on a daily basis. This is definitely a practice I want to uphold! Currently, I’m reading through the book of Proverbs. I can’t wait to continue gaining wisdom and growing in my faith!
5. Rehydrate my skin. This is the time of the year when my skin gets dry. I mean dryyyyyyyyy. Like, my hands are scary looking from cracking so much (…I guess they go with the ghoulish vibes of Halloween?). My skin definitely needs an extra boost of hydration, so I plan on incorporating more heavy-duty skincare products and upping my H20!
6. Get into the fall spirit. I don’t know how I feel about snuggling under blankets with a cup of cocoa while it’s still 80 degrees here in SoCal. But the weather won’t stop me from at least attempting to get into somewhat of the autumnal spirit! A trip to the pumpkin patch and trying out a new fall recipe (or creating my own) are two things on my to-do list.
7. Lights out by 10 p.m. My nights can go a little something like this:
*Me at 10:00 p.m.* I should probably go to bed now. Lemme just take a quick scroll through Insta…
*Me at 10:20 p.m.* Okay, time to sleep FO REALZ. But watching this Youtube video first might help me to unwind a bit…
*Me at 10:40 p.m.* OOO! Just got an idea for a new blog post (…or something or another)! Gotta write while the inspo is fresh and flowing!
*Me at midnight* …whelp.
So, yeah. Actually getting to sleep by 10 p.m. is the goal.
I hope you enjoyed reading my October goals! What are your goals for the month?